How to use this resource
The atlas consists of four publications:
- Summary – outlines generalised insights about the structural elements of the ten key systems that influence early childhood development outcomes
- Part 1: Child’s Needs – contains chapters dedicated to each of the five systems that are focused primarily on meeting a child’s needs
- Part 2: Shared Child and Family Needs – contains chapters dedicated to each of the five systems that are focused on meeting shared child and family needs
- Annex 1 – provides a brief introduction to how government works in Australia which underpins the structural elements of our early years system.
Part 1 and Part 2 including the individual chapters dedicated to each of the ten systems in focus may be read in any order according to the readers’ interests.
Download Atlas Publications
Part Two Shared Child and Family Needs
- Parenting & family supports
- Family & domestic violence supports
- Social security
- Secure and affordable housing
- Safe, healthy physical and built environments
Annex 1 How Government Works Australian Style'
- Australia’s Federal Structure
- The levels of government
- The division of responsibilities
- Collaborations across government
- Accountability mechanisms
- The laws that underpin Australia’s ECD System