The Early Years Catalyst recently released a major report into the systems mapping process, led by Orange Compass, to identify the forces influencing early childhood development outcomes in Australia today and possible leverage points for change. This work was informed by more than 300 people from across the country with knowledge and insights of the early years system together with a rapid review of published perspectives and deep dives into prevailing social and economic ideologies. The process generated a range of complex, fascinating and thought-provoking findings – both about how things ‘are’ (the current state) and how they ‘could be’ (the future state).
Building on the Systems Mapping Report published in August 2022, we are now pleased to share two additional companion publications on the systems mapping work:
- Rapid Review Report – setting out the findings from a desktop synthesis of a snapshot of published perspectives focused on shifting early childhood development outcomes in Australia, including the implications from a ‘systems thinking’ perspective
- Systems Mapping Summary Report – providing a high-level overview of the key findings from the systems mapping project including the forces holding unacceptably high levels of disadvantage in the early years in place together with the key components of a future early years system capable of supporting significantly more children and their families to thrive.
Workshop : Taking a Deep Dive into Systems Mapping in Your Context – Now Available
We are also pleased to be able to offer systems mapping workshops to organisations, networks and collaborations who are interested in taking a deeper dive into the systems mapping findings and to assist participants to apply practical systems thinking techniques and tools to their own work and contexts. We offer this as part of our work to support the early years field.
- designed to be run over 4 hours (including breaks)
- minimum of 10 participants
- in person (preferably) or online
- for early years organisations, networks and collaborations wanting to better understand systems mapping and to apply systems thinking techniques and tools to their context.
If you would like to find out more or to register your interest, please get in contact with the Early Years Catalyst Backbone Team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.